Hygiene and Disinfection Programs
Tateshina Shinyu Onsen Hotel has been adopting exclusive sanitizing and disinfection programs. For more safety, we have been adopting over 30 items of exclusive sanitizing and disinfection programs. The program is summed up by three parts: 【1】Hygiene management of facilities 【2】Prevent infection between people 【3】Hygiene management training
We enhance our existing methods and implement new protocols as the program. There are two aspects of the new protocol; one is avoiding the “Three Cs.” （Closed spaces with poor ventilation/ Crowded places with many people nearby/ Close-contact setting such as close-range conversations）; the other is about three principles of food poisoning prevention ( Do not allow pathogens to come in contact with food/ Do not leave pathogens to multiply/ Destroy all pathogens ) We will effort to improve our programs while executing, then achieving more upward level of hygiene and disinfection.
- *This program is base on “Covid-19 guideline version 1” by all japan ryokan hotel association and “HACCP (Hazard analysis and critical control point) system’s guidelines.” by the ministry of health, labour and welfare.
- *We thoroughly implement the conditions for participation in GO TO Travel campaign.
- *The contents will be changed depending on future circumstances.
The Movie of Avoiding the “Three Cs” & Disinfection
Just 2 mins, you can understand the hygiene and disinfection contents.
- The Movie of Avoiding the “Three Cs” & Disinfection – Just 2 mins, you can understand the hygiene and disinfection contents.
- Consists by 3 aspects of hygiene management of facilities, prevent infection between people, and hygiene management training.
- Hygiene management of facilities
- Prevent infection between people
- Hygiene management training
- About the hospital & health center, while in case of an emergency.
- News of hygiene management
Consists by 3 aspects of hygiene management of facilities,
and hygiene management training.
Hygiene management of facilities
- All Guest Rooms set with a Plasmacluster air purifier.Plasmacluster Technology Demonstrates Effectiveness in Reducing Airborne Novel Coronavirus (SARS-CoV-2), a World First
- Sanitizer dispensers installed at public spaces.
- Disinfecting with ozone, after check-out and during midnight. (whole public spaces, kitchen)
- Humidifiers are atomizing hypochlorous acid water for disinfection during midnight. (all public spaces)Japan’s National Institute of Technology and Evaluation (NITE): Hypochlorous acid water of certain level of available chlorine concentration (ACC) was judged to be effective based on the evaluation study using SARS-CoV-2.
- Fogging with disinfectant (rooms (after check-out), whole public spaces
- High-Touch areas are increase cleaning frequency with alcohol.
- TV remotes and other goods will be lighted with UV.
- An anti-microbe mat laid in the entrance.
- We accept health inspections from external agencies.
- The whole hotel is non-smoking. A smoking room set according to laws.
Measure the value of CO2 and turn the 3C status into visual data
While CO2 density rises, it also means the place with a high density of people at that time.
By the theory, we use CO2 monitors to avoid 3C
(Closed spaces with poor ventilation/Crowded places with many people nearby/ Close contact setting such as close range conversations)
in public areas. Monitors will indicate the density of spaces by 3 levels in 3 colors: Green, Yellow, and Red.
- GreenGood Ventilation( 〜 999ppm)
- YellowVentilation Recommended (1000 〜 1499ppm)
- RedVentilation Required (1500ppm 〜 )
*The above is based on the recommendation of CO2 density ventilation values issued by the Ministry of Health, Labor, and Welfare of Japan. https://www.mhlw.go.jp/content/10900000/000618969.pdf
An Antibacterial Measure of Public Spaces
To reduce the airborne transmission of the COVID-19 virus, we have been set antibacterial air purifiers in public spaces.
With UV lights inside the machine and high-tech photocatalyst sterilization function, the antibacterial air purifiers can eliminate bacteria and viruses.
Antibacterial and antiviral photocatalyst coating
Hight touching areas(all guest rooms’ door handles, handlebars, elevator buttons, etc.) have been applied with antibacterial and antiviral photocatalyst paint. To visualize those areas, we’d been put stickers on them.
Hygiene management of rooms ： 5 steps of sanitizing with alcohol and hypochlorous acid water.
Staff will wear masks and gloves while cleaning rooms.
(2)Disinfecting of alcohol & UV
Enhance High-Touch areas’ cleaning and disinfect with alcohol.（tables, sofas, telephone receivers, remotes, switches, handles, doorknobs, etc.）
(3)After washing in the high-temperature washer machine, glasses of rooms will be disinfecting again with hypochlorous acid water.
After washing in the high-temperature washer machine, glasses of rooms will be disinfecting again with hypochlorous acid water. After cleaned, each glass will be put into a sanitized bag and set out in places.
(4)Fogging with hypochlorous acid water
Disinfection with hypochlorous acid water for blunt virus and remove allergic substances.
(5)After sanitization, past sanitized stickers.
After sanitization, the room door will paste a sanitized sticker and only the room’s guest can be enreing.
Hygiene management of public areas: Cleaning, Disinfection, and Ventilate in frequency.
(1)Cleaning public spaces regularlyIncrease the frequency of cleaning in public areas, since June.
(2)Disinfecting hypochlorous acid mist with humidifiers by midnightHumidifiers set at dressing rooms, the lounge, the kitchen and other public spaces for releasing hypochlorous acid mist blunt virus and remove allergic substances.
(3)Disinfecting with ozone during midnightWhile no guests were showing, the disinfecting with ozone will be function.
(4)Ventilate regularlyIn order to suppress the increase of viruses and bacteria, public areas are ventilated regularly.
Hygiene management of public bath
For practise social distancing, onsen bathes only open for the guest who is accommodated in our hotel, and day trip onsen is closed for the time being. The amenities in dressing rooms (such as buckets and hairdryers,etc.) will be disinfected frequency.
Onsen springs are disinfecting with chlorine. To avoid the 3C happening in the large public bath, we will adjust customers’ dining time. Also, without notice in advance, admission to the large public baths will be restricted depending on the situation. We apologize for any inconvenience caused.
Hygiene management of kitchen
Our food hygiene management is based on HACCP ( Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Point ), and disinfection of all foods and goods is in required. Also, the disinfection of shoes and clothes is requested, while in and out of the kitchen.
*HACCP (Hazard analysis and critical control point) CODEX was established by FAO and WHO,which develop HACCP for food hygiene management measures. We will take the HACCP’s measures for execution.
Hygiene management of private dining rooms
Full-course is provided at each dining room. Used spaces will be disinfected with hypochlorous acid water. Meanwhile, tables, handles and other detail places will be sanitized with alcohol.
Hygiene management of shuttle bus
Humidifiers mist with hypochlorous acid solution and dispensers with alcohol are set up in shuttle buses. For practice social distance, the capacity of passengers will be limited, seats will be assigned at intervals, etc.
Prevent infection between people
- All staff are required to take and record the temperature every day.
- All staff are required to rinse their mouth, washing hands and sanitizing with alcohol in follow-through.
- All staff are required to take a stool test of Norovirus monthly. (Nov~Mar)
- All staff are required to receive influenza vaccine.
- All staff are required to wear masks.
- All staff are required to wear gloves while doing clean.
- All staff are required to wear gloves during cooking meals.
- While having a meal, guests can require staff to wear face shields for serving meals.
- Full-course is provided at each private dining room.
- Before entering, all people will be required to take temperature and sanitize with alcohol.
- During the check-in, we will carry out customer identification and physical condition inquiries. *If guests have a fever or cold symptoms; we will restrict admission and act appropriately according to Japanese health centers or other institutions’ instructions.
- All guests will be required to wear masks when activating at common space.
- All guests are required to reduce talking in the elevator and public baths.
- Before to ride the shuttle bus, all guests will be required to sanitize with alcohol and wear a mask.
- The social distance of staff and guests will be secure.
- Hotel’s capacity will be limited down to 50%.
- All purchasing staff are required to wear masks and gloves.
- Pulse oximeters are available for lending. *1*1 Our staff can not be conclude the data.
Since August 2021, all staff will take antigen tests every month. We’ll practice the coronavirus (COVID-19) test monthly during the pandemic or epidemic for customer and staff safety.
Hygiene management training
- The hygiene & disinfection program that we implement in 2020 for education training.We take this program for tainning all staff from 2020, is base on “Covid-19 guideline version 1” by all japan ryokan hotel association and “HACCP (Hazard analysis and critical control point) system’s guidelines.” by the ministry of health, labour and welfare.
- ATP test (Measure the number of germs on the surface of hands and fingers to visualize the cleanliness of hand washing.)
- Training of hand washing steps.
- Invite external agencies for hygiene management lecture.
- All staff of kitchen and meals’ servers are required to follow the hygiene management manual follow-through.
- Sanitizing Process of Cooking in 8 Steps.
▼Sanitizing Process of Cooking in 8 Steps
- Before working
- Hands washing and sanitizing
- Sanitizing of working shoes
- Disinfecting of utensils, countertop, fridges, etc.
- Foods’ testing and preservation
- Food will be test, record, and preserve in separate (to avoid cross-contamination)
- Quality, degree of freshness, packaging, temperature
- Pretreatment of foods
- Pay attention to uncontaminated works and prevents cross-contamination.
- After food materials were processed, cleaning and sanitizing fingers.
- Management of foods
- Vegetables & fruits: Washing in running water. If in necessary, it’ll be sanitized by hypochlorous acid solution, then washing by flowing water again.
- Seafood & meats: If in necessary, it’ll be dipped and sanitized by hypochlorous acid solution, then washing by flowing water again.
- Cleaning and sanitizing countertops and sinks.
- After cooking, foods’ inner inside will be confirmed to reach the standard temperature of disinfection or not.
- Before working, cleaning and sanitizing fingers are required.
- Temperature and humidity of the kitchen will be recorded in a file and preserved properly. Ventilation is also implemented frequency in the kitchen.
- Set out
- Avoid touching food materials directly by hands.
- Cooked foods were preserved in suitable temperatures.
- Hygiene management of equipment
- Classify equipment according to each purpose, and set up dedicated utensils nearby.
- Temperature and humidity of facilities are recorded in a file, then properly preserved.
- Management of staff
- Health conditions and hygiene management of staff are recorded in a file, then properly preserved.
- The dressing is always keeping in clean was required. Also wearing the cooking uniform, the mask, hat, shoes were being requested.
- All staff are required to take a stool test → Depend on the test result and the situation of food hygiene management; the staff might be stop continuing work.
- Before working
- Set evaluating points for staff’s comprehension of the hygiene management.
About the hospital & health center,
while in case of an emergency.
Suwa Central Hospital /
3 mins drive
TEL: 0266-52-6111 Address: 5-11-50 Kogandōri, Suwa City, Nagano 392-0027
Suwa Health Center TEL: 0266-53-6000